Accelerating student achievement is Milwaukee Public Schools’ most important goal. Working together with students, staff, parents and the community, MPS is dedicated to improving outcome for our students and making sure every student is college and career ready.
While more work needs to be done, the district is experiencing positive signs that improvement is taking place.
- More students are meeting reading standards.
- The six-year graduation rate improved to 73 percent.
- The MPS graduating Class of 2014 earned more than $31 million in college scholarships. That’s $7 million more than the Class of 2013.
- Attendance is up almost two points over five years to nearly 90 percent.
- Suspensions are down 73 percent since the 2009-10 school year.
- MPS is expanding and replicating successful school programs to meet parental – and student – demand.
Learn more about the accomplishments of successful MPS graduates and visit our News section to see what MPS students are achieving everyday!