- We welcome ALL children
- We have quality teachers in safe, caring learning environments
- Before- and after-school care is available at most schools
- Transportation is available
- All students receive free breakfast and lunch
- Parent coordinators are located at every school to support families
Milwaukee Public Schools (MPS) offers an extensive variety of educational programs and activities for children from preschool through high school.
We welcome the chance to match a school and program to fit your child’s individual needs.
Beginning with kindergarten and building all the way through advanced high school classes that earn college credit, MPS has options to support your child from early childhood to college and career.
- Head Start early learning and three- and four-year-old kindergarten teach early coordination, age-level skills, and early math and reading concepts that are essential for a successful start in school.
- Elementary, K–8, and middle schools focus on core subjects such as reading, math, science and social studies while enriching students with art, music, foreign languages, computer science and career exploration. Students enter high school with a roadmap for success in college or career.
- Milwaukee Public Schools is home to seven of the top high schools in the state and nation. Our high schools offer career and technical education pathways alongside rigorous college preparation featuring Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate courses. We prepare students for nearly any path they envision – traditional college, military service, skilled trades, or careers in the arts, sciences, engineering or technology.
- Bilingual education, language immersion, visual arts, and vocal and instrumental music are integrated with coursework to enhance achievement and develop well-rounded, confident young people.
Our goal is for every child to graduate ready for success in college, career and life. We continue to offer and expand the high-performing programs families desire.
Your child’s journey begins when you enroll. Apply now so your child can Start, Stay and Succeed in MPS!