After you have visited schools and reviewed your options, you are ready to complete an enrollment application. Select and rank your top three school choices to enter on the application.
Kindergarten Enrollment: The best time to enroll
February 2 - March 3, 2019
Whether you are preparing your first child for kindergarten or your youngest child for high school, MPS has a program to fit every student.
With more than 150 school options in MPS that serve more than 76,000 students, we know that you will have questions. Our website can help you find the many great opportunities that are available for our students and families.
To complete your enrollment
You may complete your enrollment application online or in person.
- Online – Visit the MPS district website and enroll online at mpsmke.com/enrollMPS
- In Person – You may enroll at any MPS school. This does not improve your chances of getting your first-choice school. You may also visit the District Enrollment Center at MPS Central Services. The Enrollment Center is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Families can visit mpsmke.com/EnrollMPS anytime to enroll their children for the current school year.
District Enrollment Center
Families can visit any MPS school for enrollment assistance or stop by the district Enrollment Center, located in Room 138 in the MPS Central Office, 5225 W. Vliet Street, Milwaukee. The Enrollment Center is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. For more information call (414) 475- 8448.
Important enrollment considerations
- Some schools do not participate in Kindergarten Enrollment:
- Some middle and high schools fill all available seats during High School Early Admissions, held in October and November.
- Some charter and partnership schools require students to enroll onsite, while others enroll through Kindergarten Enrollment or assignment from Central Services. The enrollment policy for each school is listed on its web page at mpsmke.com/findaschool.
- Some charter and partnership schools require students to enroll on-site or through assignment from Central Services. Each school’s enrollment policy is listed on the school’s page.
- Sibling preference. During Kindergarten Enrollment, priority is given to siblings of students who are currently attending the school or are already enrolled for the upcoming school year. Sibling preference may not apply at high schools with selection criteria required for admission.
- Enrollment after Kindergarten Enrollment. Once the Kindergarten Enrollment period ends, some schools may still have open seats. These seats will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Middle and high school enrollment after Early High School Admissions. Middle and high schools participate in the Early Admissions process in the fall. If school seats are available after Early Admissions has closed, the remaining seats will be available during Fall Enrollment.
- Public School Open Enrollment - Students outside the MPS district may apply to MPS schools during Open Enrollment (beginning in February). For more information, visit the Open Enrollment page of the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction website at www2.dpi.state. wi.us/OpenEnrollApp.