The Department of Specialized Services supports the needs of students with disabilities, including the provision of behavioral and academic intervention services to students in need of support.
Milwaukee Public Schools is dedicated to identifying, locating, and evaluating students with suspected special education needs from the ages of 3–21. Eligible students with disabilities will be provided with a free and appropriate public education consistent with the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA). Parents, school staff, or community members may make a referral for consideration of special education need by contacting the numbers listed below.
For concerns about the development or academic achievement of students who do not currently attend an MPS school, please contact the Child Find office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-874-8493.
For concerns about the development or academic achievement of students who currently attend an MPS school, please contact the regional manager of specialized services for your child's school by calling the applicable number below.
- Bryan Banasik, Specialized Services Regional Manager–East Region: 414-475-8664
- Barbara Barnes, Specialized Services Regional Manager–Central Region: 414-475-8884
- Irene Borenstein, Specialized Services Regional Manager–High School Region: 414-475-8452
- Afrika Hughes, Specialized Services Regional Manager–Northwest Region: 414-475-8550
- Cheryl Moseley, Specialized Services Regional Manager–Southwest Region: 414-475-8451
- Mary Spidell, Specialized Services Regional Manager–High School Region: 414-475-8598
- Teresa (Tracy) Wozniak, Specialized Services Regional Manager–Contracted Schools: 414-475-8082