The Ambitious Instruction: Accelerating Learning plan brings the district back to the basics of quality learning and teaching. It unites all content areas around (1) formative practices, (2) explicit instruction, and (3) meaningful student engagement. Each grade level and content area will embrace specific instructional practices around these areas.
The following equity-oriented practices provide the framework for Ambitious Instruction: Accelerating Learning.
- Using high-quality, standards-aligned, district-adopted instructional materials
- Focusing on culturally and linguistically responsive teaching practices that promote learning
- Leveraging technology to empower students to create, collaborate, communicate, and think critically
MPS is committed to building community through the arts by being a resource for fine arts pedagogy, cultivating a climate where creativity flourishes, engaging the community with the arts, honoring culture, and making the arts accessible to all.
We work to create art programs and schools that provide consistent, sequential arts opportunities and arts-rich environments for all students. We believe that a well-rounded, total education must include the arts in order to develop innovative thinkers and creative problem solvers needed for our future, and every student has the right to a quality arts education.
- The arts reach students who are not otherwise being reached.
- The arts reach students in ways that they are not otherwise being reached.
- The arts connect students to themselves and each other.
- The arts transform the environment for learning.
- The arts provide learning opportunities for the adults in the lives of young people.
- The arts provide new challenges for those students already considered successful.
- The arts connect learning experiences to the real world.