MPS provides a competency-based option for students who do not meet the eligibility requirements for GEDO #2. This approach is personalized, offering high school students an opportunity to demonstrate proficiency through a path that is specific to individual student needs.
- Students 17 years of age and behind in credits may be eligible if they meet criteria.
- All students who meet program requirements are eligible for graduation with a traditional high school diploma.
- Transcripts are reviewed to determine which academic requirements have previously been met.
- Students are required to have an 85% attendance rate and meet a minimum of 15 hours of face-to-face instruction per week.
- Students and parents must participate in an intake meeting in which the requirements of the program are explained.
- Parental consent is mandatory for entrance into the program for students under the age of 18.
Request testing for the competency-based alternative program.