Students enjoy free, healthy meals
The community eligibility provision allows schools with high numbers of low-income children serve breakfast and lunch at no charge without collecting school-meal-benefit applications.
Benefits of Community Eligibility Provision
- Well-fed students are better prepared to learn which boosts academic performance.
- All students can receive healthful school meals, regardless of income.
- The time students spend in line is minimized and the time they spend eating is maximized.
- Our menus comply with the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010 and meet all United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) meal-pattern requirements.
- Schools serve low-fat or fat-free dairy products, lean meats/meat alternatives, more fresh fruits, fresh veggies and a variety of tasty dry beans and peas (legumes).
- Our bakery items contain 51% or more whole grains.
We want to hear from you! Share your feedback throughout the year: