Examples of academics complaints may include:
- I am concerned with the health curriculum because the teacher is presenting information on hygiene to my child in the 4th grade.
- I am concerned that my high school child has to take a class on civic. Do students really need to pass a citizenship test?
Examples of Community Learning Center/after-school program complaints may include:
- Afterschool staff have not returned my call/email
- Concerns with afterschool program discipline
- Not being satisfied with the quality of the afterschool program
Examples of enrollment complaints may include:
- I didn’t get a letter telling me what school my child will attend
- I could not complete the online application
- I would like to apply to a specific school
Examples of school staff complaints may include:
- School administrative staff is unwilling to meet with me to discuss my concerns
- I didn’t like the way the staff talked to me or my child
- The teacher is not communicating with me.
Examples of suspension complaints may include:
- My child came home “suspended” and I did not receive a phone call notification
- The suspension was too harsh/underserved
- The school said my child was suspended, but I didn’t get a written notice.
Examples of special education/section 504 complaints may include:
- Disagreements with an IEP team determination that a student has a disability.
- Disputes about the classroom supports/accommodations needed to address a child’s disability
- Complaints about whether the student is reliably receiving the services written in the IEP.