• Attending the virtual job fair will ensure that you receive contact from the Talent Management department of Milwaukee Public Schools. Out Talent Management team will contact you to discuss the positions in which you have expressed interest.
• However, the best way for you to apply is to complete an application prior to viewing the available positions. You may apply to more than one position using the same application.
• If you are a previous applicant, you may sign in using the user name and password information you created and visit the different position categories.
• If you are visiting the MPS website for the first time, you must create a user account by clicking on the New User link. Once you have completed the required information, you will be redirected back to this page to select the position categories in which you are interested.
• Prior to application, you should gather electronic versions (preferably PDF) of your current resume (including updated phone number and email address), three letters of recommendation (each must be signed by the author and dated within the last 12 months), and official transcripts or proof of credits (if listed as a requirement for the position).
If you do not have the letters and the transcripts available, you may submit them after you apply but prior to hire.
All new employees, upon receipt of a job offer, will be required to undergo a background check (fingerprints included for teachers and individuals from out-of-state) and a physical which is comprised of a physical exam, a urine drug test and a TB questionnaire.
Applicants are also asked to provide letters of recommendation and transcripts when completing the applications. These items may be delivered when you come to sign your teaching contract or sign your new hire paperwork.
At MPS we do our best to streamline the process. However, much of the process is dependent upon the actions of the applicants. Once an offer is made, MPS schedules your background check. It is important for you to get your fingerprints (if required) done as quickly as possible. You may not move to the next stage until you complete the first stage.
Additionally, it is critical that you contact the clinic for your physical as soon as you receive the physical notification. If all goes smoothly, we can process applicants in approximately two weeks.
The wait time for benefits is the first of the month following one month of employment. There is an option of purchasing benefits to begin on your start date. Information on that option is available at www.mpsmke.com/careers in the Benefits summary.
There are many growth opportunities, for staff at MPS. Teachers may take leadership positions within the school community or at Central Office. Teachers may apply for promotions that are posted; most MPS positions are posted internally and externally. Paraprofessionals may become educators or apply for other MPS opportunities.
• Regular coaching
• New teacher induction
• New Educator Institute (5 days before you start)
• New teacher mentoring
• School Support teachers in every school
• Training on culture & curriculum
• Frequent professional development and courses offered throughout the year
• Additional licensure opportunities through MPSU