• Attending the virtual job fair will ensure that you receive contact from the Talent Management department of Milwaukee Public Schools. Out Talent Management team will contact you to discuss the positions in which you have expressed interest.
• However, the best way for you to apply is to complete an application prior to viewing the available positions. You may apply to more than one position using the same application.
• If you are a previous applicant, you may sign in using the user name and password information you created and visit the different position categories.
• If you are visiting the MPS website for the first time, you must create a user account by clicking on the New User. Once you have completed the required information, you will be redirected back to this page to select the position categories in which you are interested.
• Prior to application, you should gather electronic versions (preferably PDF) of your current resume, including updated phone number and email address.
All new employees, upon receipt of a job offer, will be required to undergo a background check (fingerprints included for teachers and individuals from out-of-state) and a physical which is comprised of a physical exam, a urine drug test, and a TB questionnaire.
At MPS we do our best to streamline the process. After application, you are invited to test. If you pass the test, you are placed on a hiring list in score order. Once you are contacted by the HR department, much of the process is dependent upon the actions of the applicants. Once an offer is made, MPS schedules your background check. You may not move to the next stage until you complete the first stage.
Additionally, it is critical that you contact the clinic for your physical as soon as you receive the physical notification. If all goes smoothly, we can process applicants in approximately two weeks.
The wait time for benefits if the first of the month following one month of employment. There is an option of purchasing benefits to begin on your start date. Information on that option is available at www.mpsmke.com/careers in the Benefits summary.
There are many growth opportunities, for staff at MPS. The opportunities within Building Operations will be discussed in detail at the Virtual Job Fair.
You may also refer to Building Your Career, a guide on building and maintenance careers at MPS and the Building Operations Career Pathway document.