Dear MPS Staff,
Summer has come and gone and you have spent a significant amount of time closing out the last school year and preparing for the new school year already. Your hard work is valued! I appreciated the high level of engagement that school leaders and their teams displayed at the July Leadership Institute where we focused on “Advancing Equity and Excellence Through Ambitious Instruction” with the strengthening of the district’s Ambitious Instruction Plan 2.0 and wonderful presentations by Dr. Nell Duke, Dr. Hector Montenegro, and district staff.
As we reflect on the prior school year and look ahead to what the future holds for each student, each school, and the district as a whole, we are able to celebrate many achievements:
· Four more schools were approved to pursue IB authorization.
· Rufus King IB High School’s class of 2019 had 11 co-valedictorians.
· Eight MPS schools were honored as Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction Schools of Recognition.
· Thirty-four MPS schools improved their category rating on the state report card.
· The stadiums at Vincent and Pulaski have been renovated and will be unveiled in September.
· The first cohort of our green schools are finishing construction on their eco-friendly playground refreshes.
· MPS is home to five of the state’s top 100 high schools according to US News & World Report.
· More money is being put into the classroom – 90 cents of each dollar.
· Salary schedules have been implemented.
· And much more!
We will continue to build upon those achievements this school year because our children deserve every opportunity to be successful. I am MPS Proud of each of you for your commitment to our children and I know that by working together, we will ensure their futures are bright. Please enjoy this video compilation of the great things that MPS has been doing over summer and be inspired to begin every school day with much enthusiasm and excitement!
Staff: In order to view this video while on the MPS network, you will need to visit this link AND login to YouTube (using your MPS Google account) in order to have unrestricted YouTube access. This can be done by logging in near the top right corner of the YouTube landing page. If you have questions on accessing your MPS Google account, please contact Tech Support at 414-438-3400.
Please also visit the MPS Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages to view our start of the school year posts and contribute with your own media by using #MPSDayOne.