Congratulations to the Class of 2020! Virtual graduation ceremonies have now been posted on YouTube. Please enjoy our graduation videos and help congratulate our graduating seniors!
Milwaukee Public Schools wants to help families stay connected. As the official school year winds down and summer break gets underway, we will continue to send our Friday Family newsletter to help you keep up to date.
Please stay healthy and stay safe!
Milwaukee Public Schools
Stay connected with MPS by following us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
News and Updates - June 5, 2020
Milwaukee Recreation Summer Survey
Milwaukee Recreation is exploring options for summer childcare and programming. Please help us make plans by taking our family survey. Your responses will help ensure that we can meet the needs of our families.
Food Box Distribution
Feeding America is partnering with MPS to distribute free food boxes at North Division High School and South Division High School on June 10 and 17, 2020. Please see our flyer for information and instructions.
July Academy will take place this summer through an online format and is scheduled for July 6-31 for K-12 students who need credit recovery (retaking a class), credit acceleration (taking a required class that was missed), support with the transition to high school, and extra learning to stay on track. Register by June 26, 2020.
For more information and to enroll, visit the Summer Academy web page. Students will need a computer or Chromebook. If you have not yet received a Chromebook from the district, please contact your child's school. Please note that login instructions will be sent to your MPS student email address.
Family Food Benefits
Wisconsin families whose children receive free or reduced lunch, including all MPS families, are eligible for free food benefits during school closures. Families who do not currently receive benefits and need to enroll should visit https://access.wi.gov/s/pebt.
For information, visit the Wisconsin Department of Health Services.
Enroll Now for Fall 2020!
If you have not enrolled your student for Fall 2020, enroll now to make sure your child is on our records when school starts. Contact a school, visit mpsmke.com/enroll, or call the Department of Student Services at (414) 475-8159.
We're here to help!
For questions about your child or your school, or to receive a Chromebook, please email your child's teacher or principal.
MPS Central Services Phone Line: (414) 475-8393
MPS Hotline during school closures: (414) 475-8900
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
For specific questions regarding a child with disabilities, call the Department of Specialized Services at (414) 438-3648.
Families who need support for English language learners can call (414) 777-7806.
Enrollment: Enroll now for fall 2020! Contact a school directly, visit mpsmke.com/enroll, or call (414) 475-8159.
If your student's Chromebook is not working properly, do not try to repair it yourself. Email the MPS Technology Support Center at email@example.com immediately. Please include a phone number, school name, student name and ID number, and description of the problem in the email so we can contact you.
Parent Portal Technical Support
Live Parent Portal (Infinite Campus) support is available from 8:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M., Monday through Friday.
To recover a username/password: Parents/guardians should email firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the parent/guardian name, child’s name, birth date, and a contact number. If you do not receive a phone call or email within 24 hours, please call (414) 475-8159 for further assistance.
For assistance setting up a new Parent Portal account: Parents/guardians may call (414) 475-8159 or email email@example.com.
In case you missed it . . .
- MPS website: Everything you need to know about the district.
- Summer Academy: Important information about summer programming.
- MPS Coronavirus Updates page: Find district communications, Frequently Asked Questions, locations for meal distribution, learning resources, and more.
- Frequently Asked Questions: Answers to many popular questions are found here.
- Online Learning Resources page: Get access to educational websites so students can continue learning.
- MPS Reads: Find monthly lists of recommended books so your child can read every day.
- OverDrive/SORA: Help your child log in and access online library books for summer reading.
- Enrichment Activities: Dance, yoga, crafts, and more to keep children engaged.
- Family Resources: Get support with helping your child learn at home.
- Community Resources: Find supports for food access, mental health, financial assistance, and more.
- Talking to Your Child About COVID-19: Read advice from experts to help children during this confusing time.
- IMPACT 2-1-1: A network of local resources to assist families.