Dear MPS Families,
With schools closed through the end of the school year (June 30, 2020), Milwaukee Public Schools wants to help you stay connected and up-to-date, and locate important information you may have missed.
We hope you look forward to our Family Friday Newsletter and find important resources to support your child and family.
Please stay healthy and stay safe!
Milwaukee Public Schools
Stay connected with MPS by following us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
News and Updates - May 29, 2020
Congratulations to the Class of 2020! The district is planning a weeklong celebration to honor our graduates! Virtual graduation ceremonies will be posted on YouTube beginning Monday, June 1.
We especially want to recognize our valedictorians and salutatorians for their hard work and high achievement. Check out the full list of our top students on the MPS website.
Diplomas, transcripts, and graduation programs will be mailed to graduates beginning June 15, 2020. Please be sure your home address is correct by contacting your school directly. Seniors and families who have questions should contact their schools.
Read more about graduation plans and the weeklong celebration on our website.
M3 Pathways Graduates
We congratulate 54 MPS students who took part in the M3 (pronounced M-cubed) Pathways program! These students from 16 MPS high schools earned up to 20 college credits while still in high school. Read more about this program and how students jump-started their college careers!
July Academy will take place this summer through an online format and is scheduled for July 6-31 for K-12 students who need credit recovery (retaking a class), credit acceleration (taking a required class that was missed), support with the transition to high school, and extra learning to stay on track. Register by June 26, 2020.
For more information and to enroll, visit the Summer Academy web page. Students will need a computer or Chromebook. If you have not yet received a Chromebook from the district, please contact your child's school.
Family Food Benefits
Wisconsin families whose children receive free or reduced lunch, including all MPS families, are eligible for free food benefits during school closures. Families who do not currently receive benefits and need to enroll should visit https://access.wi.gov/s/pebt.
For information, visit the Wisconsin Department of Health Services.
Enroll Now for Fall 2020!
If you have not enrolled your student for Fall 2020, enroll now to make sure your child is on our records when school starts. Contact a school, visit mpsmke.com/enroll, or call the Department of Student Services at (414) 475-8159.
We're here to help!
For questions about your child or your school, or to receive a Chromebook, please email your child's teacher or principal.
MPS Central Services Phone Line: (414) 475-8393
MPS Hotline during school closures: (414) 475-8900
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
For specific questions regarding a child with disabilities, call the Department of Specialized Services at (414) 438-3648.
Families who need support for English language learners can call (414) 777-7806.
Enrollment: Enroll now for fall 2020! Contact a school directly, visit mpsmke.com/enroll, or call (414) 475-8159.
If your student's Chromebook is not working properly, do not try to repair it yourself. Email the MPS Technology Support Center at email@example.com immediately. Please include a phone number, school name, student name and ID number, and description of the problem in the email so we can contact you.
Parent Portal Technical Support
Live Parent Portal (Infinite Campus) support is available from 8:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M., Monday through Friday.
To recover a username/password: Parents/guardians should email firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the parent/guardian name, child’s name, birth date, and a contact number. If you do not receive a phone call or email within 24 hours, please call (414) 475-8159 for further assistance.
For assistance setting up a new Parent Portal account: Parents/guardians may call (414) 475-8159 or email email@example.com.
In case you missed it . . .
- MPS website: Everything you need to know about the district.
- Summer Academy: Important information about summer programming.
- MPS Coronavirus Updates page: Find district communications, Frequently Asked Questions, locations for meal distribution, learning resources, and more.
- Frequently Asked Questions: Answers to many popular questions are found here.
- Online Learning Resources page: Get access to educational websites so students can continue learning.
- MPS Reads: Find monthly lists of recommended books so your child can read every day.
- OverDrive/SORA: Help your child log in and access online library books for summer reading.
- Enrichment Activities: Dance, yoga, crafts, and more to keep children engaged.
- Family Resources: Get support with helping your child learn at home.
- Community Resources: Find supports for food access, mental health, financial assistance, and more.
- Talking to Your Child About COVID-19: Read advice from experts to help children during this confusing time.
- IMPACT 2-1-1: A network of local resources to assist families.