Black Lives Matter Week of Action
Celebrate National Black Lives Matter Week of Action
Join us for this important week of action! Listen, learn, and add your voice to the narrative that will bring about positive change. Please visit tinyurl.com/BLMWeekofAction to register. All events are free and open to the public. Walk-ins are welcome as space permits. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. for all events.
Monday, February 3, 2020 • 5:30–7:30 p.m.
- Students' Education Amplified – Student-Led Discussion and Live Broadcast
- North Division High School Cafeteria – 1101 W. Center St., Milwaukee, WI 53206
Tuesday, February 4, 2020 • 5:30–8:30 p.m.
- Pushout: The Criminalization of Black Girls in School – Movie Screening and Talk-back
- Wisconsin Black Historical Society & Museum – 2620 W. Center St., Milwaukee, WI 53206
Wednesday, February 5, 2020 • 5:30–7:30 p.m.
- Black Lives Matter Poetry Open Mic Night
- Rufus King International Middle School Malcolm X Auditorium – 121 E. Hadley St., Milwaukee, WI 53212
Thursday, February 6, 2020 • 5:30–7:30 p.m.
- Ingergenerational Snack and Kick-Back Night – Games and Conversations
- United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County Volunteer Center – 225 W. Pleasant St., Milwaukee, WI 53212
Friday, February 7, 2020 • 5:30–8:00 p.m.
- Black Lives Matter: A Storytelling Social and Awards Night
- Walker's Point Center for the Arts – 839 S. 5th St., Milwaukee, WI 53204