Induction and Support will build a bridge between coursework and career.
Induction and Support will provide up to five years of structured assistance and support for pre-service teachers (student teachers and residents) and new educators to enter the field of education and to advance their skills and knowledge as beginning practitioners.
We aim to develop highly effective beginning educators by
- focusing on student achievement,
- accelerating new-educator growth,
- developing reflective practitioners,
- creating a community of lifelong learners, and
- arming educators with the skills and attitudes necessary to be change agents and teacher leaders.
Definition of "new educator"
We consider a “new educator” one who is brand new to the profession, has never had his or her own classroom from the opening to closing of school, and holds an initial educator, permit, or intern license.