Beginning November 1, 2021, volunteers looking to serve in-person will be required to provide proof of full vaccination or be approved for a medical or religious accommodation.
All individuals who would like to volunteer regularly or on an on-going basis must complete an application. One-time volunteers or chaperones for field trips are not required to complete the application.
No. Applicants who have completed an application online do not need to complete another application. Applications stay on file for 12 months.
No. Applicants should enter all zeros under the "social security number field" of the application. (Ex. 000-00-0000)
If a volunteer looks to serve virtually, they will need to include only their last 4-digits of their social to receive access to virtual platforms they will use in their role.
Please select each school where you are interested in volunteering, up to three, in the Preference section of the application.
We strongly encourage those interested in volunteering to apply. There is no cost for a background check to the applicant.
MPS welcomes volunteers who are under 18. Minors who are interested in volunteering regularly or on an on-going basis must have a parent or guardian complete the volunteer application on his or her behalf.
The email address that you provided on your application will be your username login.
- Go to the website for your volunteer account, called VicNet: https://www.volgistics.com/ex2/vicnet.dll/?from=307232
- Click Need a password?
- Enter your email address you used on your application.
- Click the Go button.
- Check your email address for a message from Volgistics. This may take several minutes.
- Follow the instructions in the email – click on the URL and enter a new password. Passwords must contain a combination of letters and numbers.
- Users should now be able to log in to VicNet.
If you encounter any issues signing up for an account, please view the VicNet Volunteer Guide or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
MPS does not accept applicants who need community service for court-orders or state benefits.