Monday, September 14, 2020
Attendance in school is vital every day, and one of the most important days of the school year for attendance is coming up. On the third Friday of September every year, the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction counts all students. These numbers are used for calculating state funds that are provided to public schools.
We want to see your spirit! Post your photos and videos using the hashtags #MPSspiritweek and #MPSProud, tag MPS in your social media posts, or email your photos and videos to email@example.com Be sure to include your name and the name of your school.
On Friday, September 18, be counted! Make sure your child logs in for class so the school receives funding for every student. The Third Friday Count determines the dollars that your child’s school will receive to deliver a quality education.
Spirit Week Daily Themes
- Mask Up Monday–Share a photo wearing your favorite mask or face covering.
- Quaranteam Tuesday–Who do you rely on to get through the pandemic? Share photos, videos, and stories of your quaranteam!
- Why Wednesday?–Share a video telling us why being in class every day is important.
- Virtual Ready Thursday–Show us photos/videos of student and staff home workspaces.
- Fresh Photo Friday–Log in to your classes using a favorite or customized image as your profile picture. Don’t have one? Visit mymps.org to download an image. Teachers: Send a photo of your class showing all the profile pictures.
Your child’s teacher may have specific instructions about attendance on September 18. Be alert for messages or special details. For questions about Third Friday Count in Wisconsin, ask your child's teacher or school leader.
We look forward to seeing everyone in class every day, and especially on Third Friday Count day!