Thursday, March 4, 2021
Special education will be the focus of MPS’ 5th annual Celebrating Abilities Family Forum. This free event is designed for families to learn more about special education services, programs, and opportunities.
Celebrating Abilities will be virtual this year during the week of March 8–12, 2021, with workshops each evening from 5:30 to 6:30 P.M.
- Monday, March 8 – Learn how Platform Troubleshooting and Assistive Technology can support virtual learning.
Watch the video from March 8 here: https://youtu.be/7mJBs94DlUY
- Tuesday, March 9 – Review what an Individualized Education Program (IEP) means and how it structures education and academic services
Watch the video from March 9 here: https://youtu.be/Hs08AZW4t0s
- Wednesday, March 10 – Discuss ways to cope with stress and discover strategies to empower families to create a positive learning environment
Watch the video from March 10 here: https://youtu.be/7R8sb2jwZjo
- Thursday, March 11, 2021 – Get information on the Children’s Long-term Support Waiver Program and its benefits
Watch the video from March 11 here: https://youtu.be/SIadyqrv9Vg
- Friday, March 12, 2021 – Celebrate special education success and share your ideas
Watch the video from March 12 here: https://youtu.be/2SerxG9dujA
Download the English flyer for more information
Download the Spanish flyer for more information
Spanish interpretation is available.
For questions, contact Monica Lopez at (414) 902-8434 or email@example.com.