Friday, May 20, 2022
Nearly 200 graduating seniors, about 100 teachers, and 17 principals across Wisconsin have been selected to receive honors and monetary awards this year from the Herb Kohl Educational Foundation. Milwaukee Public Schools is proud of three teachers and eleven students who are counted among the honorees.
2021 MPS Teacher Honorees
- Suzanne Loosen, Milwaukee School of Languages
- Brittany Nohl, Reagan High School
- Barry Weber, Highland Community School
In addition, thirteen MPS students have been selected as recipients in two scholarship categories. Excellence Scholars and Initiative Scholars receive $10,000 to pursue higher education.
- Jordyn Czyzewski, Reagan High School
- Stella Richards, Rufus King International High School
- Ignacio Vega Rivera, Reagan High School
- Ernest Blackshire, Transition High School
- Deisha Brown, Assata High School
- Alyssa Lopez, Carmen HS of Science and Technology
- Treveon Nellum, Vincent High School
- Jacob Salfer, Lad Lake Synergy
- Jada Stephenson, South Division Accelerated Academy
- Keanu Vang, Golda Meir High School
- Nakiya Williams, Shalom High School
Excellence Scholarship recipients demonstrate academic excellence, high motivation, and a broad range of activity and leadership. Initiative Scholarship recipients demonstrate initiative in school and strong promise for success in college and beyond.
Teacher Fellowship recipients are chosen for leadership, service, and a superior ability to inspire a love of learning in students. These honors come with a $6,000 award.
The Kohl Foundation Scholarship and Fellowship program was established by Herb Kohl, philanthropist and businessman, in 1990. To date, the foundation has awarded $28.3 million to Wisconsin educators, principals, students, and schools.
Congratulations to our outstanding teachers and students!