Monday, March 12, 2018
To match up student job seekers with local employers, Milwaukee Public Schools will host its first-ever job fair this Wednesday in the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Student Union. Approximately 1,000 students are expected to attend in search of summer and year-round work.
Employers will be on hand to provide information and applications for employment, and some will conduct on-site interviews. Students will have opportunities to practice their elevator speeches and learn about getting ready for their first job.
Wednesday, March 14; 9:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.
UWM Student Union, 2200 East Kenwood Blvd., Milwaukee, WI 53211
The job fair is another initiative under the M³ partnership between MPS, UWM and MATC that is transforming the future of Milwaukee through education. The MPS Student Job Fair falls in line with MPS's Career and Technical Education team's increased focus on Youth Apprenticeships and Internships and overall work readiness.
Students who complete a Work Readiness session at their school are eligible to attend the job fair. Work Readiness sessions help prepare students to fill out job applications, interview, and be ready for the world of work.
Bus transportation will be provided for students to attend the job fair thanks to a generous donation from the Al Hurvis/ADAMM Education Foundation and the Automotive Dealers Association of Mega Milwaukee (ADAMM).
Employers attending the Job Fair
- Aloria Health
- American Income
- ArtWorks for Milwaukee
- Aurora Health Care
- AWE (Artists Working in Education)
- Bartolotta Management Group
- BG Multifamily
- Boucher Automotive Group
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee
- Braeger Automotive Group
- City of Milwaukee - Department of Public Works
- Coakley Brothers Company
- Cross Management Services
- David J. Frank Landscape Contracting, Inc.
- Department of Workforce Development
- Eagle Enterprises ltd
- Earn & Learn Summer Youth Internship Program
- Educators Credit Union
- Employ Milwaukee
- Ewald Automotive Group
- Five Guys
- GACC Midwest, Inc
- Goodwill TalentBridge
- Grover Corporation
- HM Graphics
- ICM Corporation
- International Autos
- Job Corps
- JTS Direct LLC
- KLH Industries, Inc.
- Launch Management Launch Careers
- Local 2337 Millwrights & Pile Drivers
- Lynch Motor Vehicle Group
- Marcus Hotels & Resorts
- Mi Comunidad Multiservicios
- Milwaukee County
- Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District
- Milwaukee Police Department
- Milwaukee Public Schools - Arts Internship Program
- Milwaukee Public Schools - Department of Recreation and Community Services
- Milwaukee Public Schools - Human Resources
- Milwaukee Public Schools - Youth Apprenticeships
- Milwaukee World Festival, Inc (Summerfest)
- Outpost Natural Foods
- PeppNation Sports Leadership Camps
- Pieper Electric, Inc.
- Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
- Prostar Surfaces
- Quad Graphics
- Saz's Hospitality Group
- SEEK Careers/Staffing - HellermannTyton
- Sil's Mini Donuts
- Six Flags Great America
- SSA - Milwaukee County Zoo
- Sundance, Inc. Taco Bell
- UWM Career Planning & Resource Center
- WEC Energy Group
- Wisconsin Construction Craft Laborers
- Woodman's Food Market
- Zilli Hospitality Group