Thursday, January 19, 2023
With a second year of the Milwaukee Public Schools Virtual Program (MVP) in full swing, MPS is getting ready to enroll students for Fall 2023.
Seats are also open for the Spring semester of the current (2022–23) school year. Interested families can enroll until January 21, 2023.
MVP is a full-time, dedicated virtual program for children whose families prefer virtual learning. The program is available for students in K5 through grade 12. MVP carries the same accreditation and accountability required for in-person schools by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction.
MVP provides a more flexible schedule in an environment that families choose themselves. The program is completely online and is delivered via Edgenuity virtual instruction. High school students can participate in Advanced Placement (AP) courses while enrolled in the virtual program.
- For grades 6–12, students work at their own pace, on their own schedule (asynchronous); lessons are selected on the student’s schedule. Students in K5–5th grade receive 60 minutes per day of scheduled face-to-face (synchronous) instruction with a teacher plus computer-based instruction and a workbook.
- Students can participate in extracurricular activities at the MPS school previously attended or a neighborhood school. Students new to MPS can select a school to attend sports and activities.
- Students remain in the program for the full semester. If desired, they may transition to in-person learning at the end of a semester.
- A family member is required to attend an orientation session to ensure understanding of the program. An adult in the home is expected to serve as a learning coach to support and assist children in K5 through 5th grade.
- MVP offers a Parent Center where family members can drop in on school days to ask questions and get additional help. The Parent Center is located at the MPS Success Center, 3872 N. 8th St., Milwaukee, WI 53206.
- Tutoring is available immediately for students in grades 6–12 by clicking a button in the program. Students in grades K–5 can request tutoring as needed.
- To register, families are required to view an informative video. At the end of the video, families can enter information to receive a phone call to complete the enrollment.
For more information, to view an informative video, and to register, visit the Milwaukee Public Schools Virtual Program webpage or call (414) 252-0241. Registration for Fall 2023 will open on January 22, 2023.