Kindergarten for three-year-olds helps children get excited about school and learn classroom routines. Caring teachers guide learning through movement, art, music, play, and group activities. In four-year-old kindergarten, caring teachers help children have fun with skills like counting and recognizing letters. Classroom routines build good habits and children learn to recognize the feelings of others around them. Five-year-old kindergarten prepares children for first grade and beyond. Through positive work, play, and learning, caring teachers help students take on new challenges and respect others.
Kindergarten Enrollment Fair
New this year, Milwaukee Public Schools is hosting a Kindergarten Enrollment Fair on Saturday, February 3, 2018 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Milwaukee High School for the Arts.
- Learn about the early childhood education opportunities MPS offers
- Visit model classrooms for 3-, 4- and 5-year-old kindergarten
- Meet school leaders from every MPS elementary school
- Enroll for fall 2018
- Childcare will be available during the fair
- Fun, educational activities for kids
Kindergarten Enrollment is February 3 - March 4, 2018
Whether you are preparing your first child for kindergarten or your youngest child for high school, MPS has a program to fit every student.
With more than 150 school options in MPS that serve more than 76,000 students, we know that you will have questions. Our website can help you find the many great opportunities that are available for our students and families.
For even more information, school Open House events provide opportunities to visit schools, meet staff and ask questions. For your individual needs, help is just a phone call away through the district office or at any of our schools.
We are ready to be your partner as your children advance through elementary school, middle school and high school. Welcome to the MPS family!
To Complete Your Enrollment
You may complete your enrollment application online or in person.
- Online – Visit the MPS district website and enroll online at mpsmke.com/enrollMPS
- In Person – You may enroll at any MPS school. This does not improve your chances of getting your first-choice school. You may also visit the District Enrollment Center at MPS Central Services. The Enrollment Center is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Head Start Enrollment
Enrollment is also open for the MPS Head Start program that provides parental, educational, medical, nutritional, psychological and social support to help children consistently succeed.
Families must qualify for Head Start based on income and other variables. Find out more about the MPS Head Start program or call the Head Start Office at (414) 777-7850.