Kindergarten Enrollment Fair
Saturday, February 3, 2018
9:00 a.m. – Noon
Milwaukee High School of the Arts
2300 W. Highland Ave., Milwaukee 53233
Please park in the east and west lots. Enter at Door 9.
New this year, Milwaukee Public Schools is hosting a Kindergarten Enrollment Fair!
- Learn about the early childhood education opportunities MPS offers
- Visit model classrooms for 3-, 4- and 5-year-old kindergarten
- Meet school leaders from every MPS elementary school
- Enroll for fall 2018
- Childcare will be available during the fair
- Fun, educational activities for kids
Bilingual staff will be available. Childcare will be available.
For more information on the Kindergarten Enrollment Fair call (414) 475-8448. Additional information about enrolling in MPS is available online at mpsmke.com/EnrollMPS.
Please wait while we gather your results.
Whether you are preparing your first child for kindergarten or your youngest child for high school, MPS has a program to fit every student. This School Enrollment Guide is your resource for locating schools and understanding all of the programs available. This interactive booklet also gives step-by-step instructions to help you complete your enrollment application and find resources to guide your decisions.
Kindergarten for three-year-olds helps children get excited about school and learn classroom routines. Caring teachers guide learning through movement, art, music, play, and group activities. In four-year-old kindergarten, caring teachers help children have fun with skills like counting and recognizing letters. Classroom routines build good habits and children learn to recognize the feelings of others around them. Five-year-old kindergarten prepares children for first grade and beyond. Through positive work, play, and learning, caring teachers help students take on new challenges and respect others.
- Immediate Enrollment (2018-19 school year) -- ongoing through June 2019
- Kindergarten Enrollment (2019-20 school year) -- Feb. 2 - Mar. 3, 2018 (tentative)
- Fall Registration (2018-19 school year) -- Jan. 26- Aug. 1, 2019 (tentative)
- J-Term (June 3-28, 2019) -- starting Feb. 4, 2019 (tentative)
- Summer School (July 1-26, 2019) -- starting Feb. 4, 2019 (tentative)
- Middle/High School Early Admissions (2019-20 school year) -- Sept. 29 - Nov. 3, 2018