Middle/High School Early Admissions
Middle/High School Early Admissions is closed for the 2018-19 school year.
Middle and high school enrollment is now open on a first-come, first-served basis. Learn more about Fall Enrollment.
Early Admissions Application
This fall, Milwaukee Public Schools is inviting all 5th-grade students in traditional K–5 schools to select their middle school during Early Admissions.
The students will make their selections at the same time as 8th-grade families in K–8 and middle schools who will choose their high school during Early Admissions.
Apply in three steps:
- Find the schools that are right for you!
- Families can choose up to five schools, ranked in order of preference. Students will be enrolled in the highest-ranked school to which they are accepted. We encourage families to make five selections to better ensure a school enrollment for fall.
- Families with an active MPS Parent Portal account can apply online through Parent Portal.
- Application help and testing sessions will take place throughout the city to assist families in completing their applications. Families without an active MPS Parent Portal account must attend a help session. Paper applications will be available upon request.
- Students applying to Rufus King, Golda Meir, Milwaukee High School of the Arts (MHSA), Reagan or Riverside must attend one test session. The test will be valid at all five schools. Meir students must also submit letters of recommendation. MHSA students must audition. For details about the criteria used, see the Select Criteria page.
- Application help and testing sessions are listed on open house calendar available online or as a flyer.
- You’ll receive your school enrollment by early December!
- As noted above, students will be enrolled in the highest-ranked school to which they are accepted.
- If you do not choose a school during Early Admissions, we will make a school placement based on your student’s current program or neighborhood school.