Early Admissions is expanding in 2017!
This fall, Milwaukee Public Schools will invite all 5th-grade students in traditional K–5 schools to select their middle school during Early Admissions.
The students will make their selections at the same time as 8th-grade families in K–8 and middle schools who will choose their high school during Early Admissions.
Early Admissions will take place September 30 through October 29, 2017.
Apply in three steps:
- Find the schools that are right for you!
- Visit with middle and high school leaders at the Early Admissions Fair on Saturday, September 30 from 9 a.m. to noon at Milwaukee High School of the Arts, 2300 W. Highland Avenue, Milwaukee 53233.
- Visit school open houses – an open house calendar will be available on this website and at schools.
- Visit mpsmke.com/findaschool to search for schools by program and location
- Apply September 30 through October 29, 2017!
- Families can choose up to five schools, ranked in order of preference. Students will be enrolled in the highest-ranked school to which they are accepted. We encourage families to make five selections to better ensure a school enrollment for fall.
- Families with an active MPS Parent Portal account can apply online. A link will appear on this website once the application is open.
- Application help and testing sessions will take place throughout the city to assist families in completing their applications. Families without an active MPS Parent Portal account must attend a help session. Paper applications will be available upon request.
- Students applying to Rufus King, Golda Meir, Milwaukee High School of the Arts (MHSA), Reagan or Riverside must attend one test session. The test will be valid at all five schools. Meir students must also submit letters of recommendation. MHSA students must audition.
- Application help and testing sessions will be posted on this website by August 31.
- You’ll receive your school enrollment by early December!
- As noted above, students will be enrolled in the highest-ranked school to which they are accepted.
- If you do not choose a school during Early Admissions, we will make a school placement based on your student’s current program or neighborhood school.