After you have visited schools and reviewed your options, you are ready to complete an enrollment application. Select and rank your top three school choices to enter on the application.
Three-Choice Enrollment: The best time to enroll
January 30 - February 17, 2017
Families who are new to MPS or whose children are changing schools should participate in Three-Choice Enrollment, which offers the best opportunity for your child to be enrolled in your first-choice school. When families register during Three-Choice Enrollment, they will identify their top three school choices for their child; more than 90 percent of students are enrolled in their first-choice school. Some charter and partnership schools require students to enroll through the individual school. These enrollment policies are listed on the school’s information page at mpsmke.com/findaschool.
To complete your enrollment
You may complete your enrollment application online or in person.
- Online – Visit the MPS district website and enroll online at mpsmke.com/enrollMPS
- In Person – You may enroll at any MPS school. This does not improve your chances of getting your first-choice school. You may also visit the District Enrollment Center at MPS Central Services. The Enrollment Center is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Families can visit mpsmke.com/EnrollMPS anytime to enroll their children for the current school year.
District Enrollment Center
Families can visit any MPS school for enrollment assistance or stop by the district Enrollment Center, located in Room 138 in the MPS Central Office, 5225 W. Vliet Street, Milwaukee. The Enrollment Center is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. For more information call (414) 475- 8448.
Important enrollment considerations
- Some schools do not participate in Three-Choice Enrollment:
- Some high schools fill all available seats during High School Early Admissions, held in October and November.
- Some charter and partnership schools require students to enroll onsite, while others enroll through Three-Choice Enrollment or assignment from Central Services. The enrollment policy for each school is listed on its web page at mpsmke.com/findaschool.
- Some charter and partnership schools require students to enroll on-site or through assignment from Central Services. Each school’s enrollment policy is listed on the school’s page.
- Sibling preference. During Three-Choice Enrollment, priority is given to siblings of students who are currently attending the school or are already enrolled for the upcoming school year. Sibling preference may not apply at high schools with selection criteria required for admission.
- Enrollment after the Three-Choice Process. Once the Three-Choice period ends, some schools may still have open seats. These seats will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- High school enrollment after Early High School Admissions. High schools participate in the Early Admissions process in October and November. If high school seats are available after Early Admissions has closed, the remaining seats will be available during Three-Choice Enrollment.
- Public School Open Enrollment - Students outside the MPS district may apply to MPS schools during Open Enrollment (beginning in February). For more information, visit the Open Enrollment page of the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction website at www2.dpi.state. wi.us/OpenEnrollApp.