The Ultimate Scholarship Challenge!
Please spread the word about a great new program TEAM UP is offering on Saturday, May 21, 2016 at the College Access Center—South (3333 S. 27th St., Suite 300) from 11:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
TEAM UP Student Advisor Desiree wants to spread the word about FREE MONEY for college by starting a monthly group called “The Ultimate Scholarship Challenge!”
Why don’t students apply for scholarships?
- Sometimes it’s the fear of not knowing what to do, so they do nothing.
- Sometimes it’s the false thinking that they will not win any scholarships.
- Sometimes they don’t know where or when to start.
- Some think that their financial aid package and parents will pay all their college expenses.
- Others, unfortunately, are intimidated by writing essays that often accompany scholarships.
Desiree will lead students (anyone from 6th grade up to college) and their parents through scholarship basics and a plan for action, then she will help you get started on your search!
There is no need to RSVP, but if you have questions, please call 414-431-1830 or email Desiree Cocroft at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Milwaukee Public Schools, in collaboration with local, state, and national partners, operates two community-based College Access Centers within the Greater Milwaukee area — one in the Midtown area of Milwaukee’s north side and the other in the south side region of Milwaukee.
These centers provide students and families with direct services easily accessible via public transportation and within close proximity to resources that families typically frequent, such as grocery stores and other retail ventures. These community-based locations support the college access outreach efforts of Milwaukee Public Schools and engage families in the support and reinforcement of college attendance for Milwaukee students in centers focused on college attainment.
Operation of the College Access Centers is funded by Great Lakes Higher Education Guaranty Corporation, to help the people of Greater Milwaukee harness the power of higher education to change their lives for the better.
Free tutoring in English, math and science
- Tuesdays from 5:15 p.m. to 7 p.m. at CAC North, 2730 W. Fond du Lac Avenue
- Thursdays from 5:15 p.m. to 7 p.m. at CAC South, 3333 S. 27th Street
- Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at both CAC North, 2730 W. Fond du Lac Avenue, and CAC South, 3333 S. 27th Street
Students and parents should come take advantage of this valuable, free resource!