Special education students who attend private schools may be eligible to receive some services within their school. A services plan describes the specific special education and/or related services the student will receive from the Milwaukee Public Schools. To the extent appropriate, the services plan includes IEP elements that vary depending on the services to be provided. Many services plans will include
- the present level of academic achievement and functional performance;
- measurable annual goals;
- a statement of the special education, related services, or supplementary aids and services;
- a statement of the program modifications or supports;
- an explanation of the extent, if any, to which the student will not participate with nondisabled children in the regular education environment;
- the projected date for the beginning of the services and modifications as well as the amount, anticipated frequency, location, and duration of the services and modifications; and
- a statement of how the student's progress toward the annual goals will be measured and when periodic reports on progress toward meeting the annual goals will be provided.
To determine whether your child is eligible for a services plan, please contact the program supervisor for more information.