Science – Technology – Engineering – Mathematics
“STEM education is an interdisciplinary approach to learning that removes the traditional barriers separating the four disciplines of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics and integrates them into real-world, rigorous, and relevant learning experiences for students."
STEM Lesson Essentials –Vasquez, Comer, and Sneider
Milwaukee Public Schools' mission for STEM education is
to engage students in the practices of mathematicians, scientists, and engineers; to demonstrate students' understanding of the natural and designed worlds; and to prepare them for success in college, careers, and citizenship within the global marketplace.
- Increase the quality of STEM education
- Integrate STEM across all subjects
- Increase the number of students who are prepared for and choose STEM careers
- Increase STEM awareness among students, staff, and families
- Improve attitudes about STEM