GE Schools Grant
The Department of GE Grant
- develops, implements, and supports STEM education in pilot GE schools for increased academic outcomes;
- assists in developing and supporting principals and teachers with multidisciplinary approaches that address real-world problems to advance students as complex problem solvers who are future ready;
- provides training, professional development, and performance evaluation critical to moving the district's work forward to achieve strategic academic goals;
- supports school structures and cultures for professional development, continuous improvement, recruitment, and retention of educators;
- infuses technology-enhanced practices.
"Achieving Excellence through Innovation"
The GE Foundation Grant assists nineteen schools in the implementation of the Common Core State Standards and best educational practices. These schools are to serve as a model for others as they look toward implementation of best educational practices that prepare our students for success in becoming college and career ready.
GEF Legacy Site - Videos of Best Practices and Other Digital Resources
The GEF Legacy Site is designed to be used as a tool, created by the district, to give an insight into classrooms that are in the process of implementing standards-based best practices. The intent of each video and accompanying digital resources is to inspire and share new ideas as well as to showcase the excellent teaching and learning happening every day in the Milwaukee Public Schools. The library is a place where teachers, academic coaches, and administrators can visit and explore. We can all learn from each other as we continue to teach, learn, and lead.
The GEF Legacy Site also contains monthly reports on how the GE Foundation Grant is working in MPS.
- We believe that one of the keys to effective education is building partnerships with local businesses, nonprofits, and stakeholders. Together we are working to bring the Common Core State Standards implementation to scale across the district.
Milwaukee Teachers' Education Association
Other departments within Milwaukee Public Schools
GE Grant Demonstration Schools
GE Foundation Grant Schools