Youth Apprenticeship Information For Employers
Apprenticeships are being sought in the following areas:
- Agriculture, food, and natural resources
- Architecture and construction
- Arts, AV technology, and communications
- Health science
- Hospitality and tourism
- Information technology
- Transportation, distribution, and logistics
- What’s a Youth Apprenticeship?
Local businesses provide MPS students with paid, work-based learning so they can explore careers and make informed choices about career paths beyond high school.
- What is expected of employers?
Provide a minimum of 450 hours of paid employment during a school year and assign a workplace mentor to the student.
- How are applicants selected?
Students must have at least a 2.0 GPA, a 90% attendance rate, and meet behavior standards to be eligible for Youth Apprenticeship.
- How can I learn more?
Contact Terri Salzer for more information:
Phone: (414) 475-8019