Special Education Liaisons for Families
Milwaukee Public Schools is looking for family members interested in sharing their time and talents to assist the school district in its efforts to increase family involvement and opportunities.
- Parent or guardian of a child with a disability who is currently in school
- Is willing to receive training on special education and disability information
- Has a desire to be a resource and contact for other families with children receiving special education services
- Looks to build positive relationships between schools and families
- Attend local trainings and meetings (up to 20 hours) with options to attend statewide or regional trainings/conferences.
- Disseminate information to families and school staff.
- Act as a resource to other families and staff in our school district.
- Plan activities and meetings for families and educators regarding special education and family engagement.
- Help encourage better communication and partnership building between families and school staff.
- Work with school administration to find ways to increase family engagement.
This opportunity is ideal for any family member who wants to work toward positive change. This opportunity is open to all parents. If you’re a “people person” who would like to help others learn how to navigate the special education and disability world, then this is for you!
For more information: Contact Monica Lopez, Family Engagement Associate, at 414-333-1070 or firstname.lastname@example.org