- When does the program begin?
Intensive coursework begins in June at Cardinal Stritch University.
- How much does a teacher get paid?
Starting teacher salary in Milwaukee Public Schools is $41,000 + benefits.
- How much will this cost?
- Graduate tuition rate for teacher licensure is $535 per credit (licensure completed in Year One)
- Minimum licensure credits required range from 35 to 40 credits, depending on program (bilingual licensure may require some additional credits, depending on individual circumstances)
- 35-40 credits= $18,725 to $21,400, plus student fees paid each semester (tuition and fees are subject to change)
- For the master’s degree coursework (6 to 9 credits, depending on specific program) in Year Three, Residents will be billed at the graduate tuition rate for that academic year
- Is financial aid or other funding sources available?
Financial Aid opportunities are available to those who qualify.
- Is there a penalty for not completing the four-year program?
Financial consequences exist for early exit from program.
- Will I have access to health insurance?
Yes. As an MPS employee, you are eligible for benefits.
- I have a question that isn’t answered here. Who should I contact?
Questions may be directed to:
- Milwaukee Public Schools - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cardinal Stritch Univeristy - email@example.com