Year of the Arts Passport
MPS is celebrating the Year of the Arts! Together with our community partners in the Cre8MKE network, we invite Milwaukee K–12 students and families to explore art in our city through the Year of the Arts Passport!
What is the Passport?
The Year of the Arts passport helps students and families participate in arts events.
Where do I get a Passport?
Get a Passport at any MPS school or MPS Twilight Center.
How do I use my Passport?
- Attend six arts-related events during the 2017–18 school year.
- Events include performances, workshops, and activities which allow you to view or participate in visual art, dance, theater, music, media, or culinary arts.
- Visit the Year of the Arts Calendar to see partners, schedules, and events.
- Take a selfie at an event and post on social media with #MPSarts or #artsedMKE. Or check in at one of our arts partner locations.
- Ask a teacher, usher, or staff member at each event to sign your Passport.
- Turn in your passport at MPS Central Services by May 1, 2018.
- Watch for further announcements to find out if you’re a winner of some special Year of the Arts prizes!
Year of the Arts Goals
- Promote and celebrate the arts
- Develop a pipeline to recruit and retain arts instructors
- Make connections between history and culture through the arts
- Encourage arts integration within and outside the classrooms
- Build support for MPS arts programs and schools to be sure that EVERY student is afforded quality arts opportunities
What Are the Arts?
- Literary Arts
- Media Arts
- Visual Arts