Thursday, July 13, 2017
All high school freshmen are invited to Freshman Bridge! This is your chance to find your locker, find your classrooms, learn about sports and clubs, and get tips from older students. You’ll learn how to navigate your first year of high school, and how to get set up for a successful sophomore year and graduation in 2021.
All Milwaukee Public Schools incoming freshman are encouraged to attend Freshman Bridge at their high school in August. Dates are listed below.
Students who attend Freshman Bridge will also get their student ID and will tour their school’s College and Career Center.
Each student who attends will receive a Class of 2021 t-shirt and water bottle.
August 1-2, 2017: 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Alliance, Audubon, Bradley Tech, MacDowell, Madison, Meir, MHSA, Marshall, Milw. School of Languages, Reagan, Riverside, South, Webster
August 1-2, 2017: 8:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Bay View, King, WHS, WCLL
August 1-3, 2017: 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
August 3-4, 2017: 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Learn more about Freshman Bridge at mpsmke.com/freshmanbridge. Fill out this form to RSVP.
Sample Freshman Bridge topics include:
- Academic enrichment in English, math, science and social studies
- How to ask for help in high school
- Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) expectations for high school
- How to set and meet goals
- Self-care – how to take care of yourself during freshman year
- Healthy high school relationships
- Electronic devices – what is or isn’t allowed?
- Academic and career planning
- What is a block schedule?
- Social media – how to stay healthy and safe online
- ACT – why is it so important?
- How to balance your life as a high school student