Communications & Outreach
The Department of Communications & Outreach works to aggressively promote Milwaukee Public Schools, provide the community with important information about MPS, and assist in efforts to recruit and retain students and staff. The department works through a wide variety of media and print platforms with a focus on creating and reinforcing a positive image of MPS that reflects our achievements and our opportunities for growth. All district translations are also coordinated through the department.
- Individual school marketing plans
- District-wide strategic communications plan
- Creative and graphics refresh
- Community feedback tool
Department of Communications & Outreach offers the following support to schools and the district:
- Develops marketing campaigns designed to tout district success and increase enrollment and retention of students and staff.
- Develops easy-to-manage school websites and creates and drives content on the MPS website and intranet (mConnect).
- Supports graphics and marketing needs for schools.
- Produces major district publications.
- Provides media relations assistance, including crisis communications.
- Coordinates school translation needs.