The Milwaukee Public Schools Foundation, Inc. was organized in 1998 as a non-profit, tax-exempt corporation for educational and charitable purposes. The foundation seeks to raise funds and secure donations from individuals and private-sector organizations to support programs and projects not affordable through public funds to provide enhanced learning opportunities for students in Milwaukee Public Schools.
The mission of the foundation is to promote educational excellence and strengthen community participation in the Milwaukee Public Schools.
Support is focused on the following broad goals:
- Enhancing learning opportunities for students
- Encouraging creative and innovative educational programs
- Recognizing and supporting teachers and support staff
- Increasing parent involvement
- Promoting MPS in the community and encouraging private sector involvement