Monday, April 22, 2019
Attending college or technical school or entering military service has many steps, but the journey is easier when families plan ahead. Attend the MPS College and Career Night on April 24, 2019, from 5:30 to 7:00 p.m. to learn how to select a college or technical school, choose a military branch, fill out applications, research scholarships, and get financial aid. High school sophomores and juniors are encouraged to attend along with a family member.
College and Career Night will be held at MPS Central Services, 5225 W. Vliet St. in Milwaukee.
Students and families should begin preparing for life after graduation in 10th and 11th grade. School counselors and staff will be available to answer questions, discuss ideas, and explore opportunities for students. Families will learn what to expect and how to prepare as students plan for their futures.
This event will help students and families explore several important topics.
- Learn about apprenticeships, military service, colleges, technical schools, and work options
- Understand standardized tests (ACT, ASVAB, SAT)
- Navigate financial aid
- Plan and understand how to afford college
- Get help from school counselors and MPS College and Career Centers
- Learn how to stay on track for graduation
For more information, students should visit their school counselor or contact Karolyn Taylor, Scholarship Coordinator, at email@example.com or (414) 475-8761.