Tuesday, August 29, 2017
The Houston Independent School District continues to have an immediate need for supporting their families. Some 50 of the Houston schools have been flooded to some degree, and many families are staying in other less-damaged schools and children do not have extra clothes or school supplies.
You can help students of Houston by donating to the Houston Independent School District Foundation.
The Houston Independent School District has an immediate need for children's clothes of all sizes (clean and in reasonably good repair), school uniforms, and school supplies. All clothes and shool supplies should be sent to:
Houston, TX 77092
Other ways you can help:
- American Red Cross. To donate visit redcross.org, call 1- 800-RED CROSS or text the word HARVEY to 90999 to make a $10 donation.
- The Salvation Army: To donate visit www.helpsalvationarmy.org or call 1-800-725-2769.
- Catholic Charities USA: Visit catholiccharitiesusa.org to donate.
- GlobalGiving: Visit https://www.globalgiving.org/harvey. Donors can also text HARVEY to 80100 to donate $10 to GlobalGiving's Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund. Message and data rates may apply. Terms: hmgf.org/t. Send a check by writing, "Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund" in the memo line and mailing it to GlobalGiving, 1110 Vermont Ave NW, Suite 550, Washington DC, 20005.
- Save the Children: www.savethechildren.org. Save the Children’s emergency response team is on the ground in San Antonio, Texas, working to meet children and families’ immediate needs
- Apple: The multimedia giant has set up a donation link directly on iTunes and App Store. Visit www.apple.com for more information. Donations will go directly to the American Red Cross.
- Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund. Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner established this fund administered by the Greater Houston Community Foundation to accept tax-deductible flood-relief donations. Checks and money orders can be mailed to the Greater Houston Community Foundation, while online credit card donations can be made at www.ghcf.org. Online credit card donations will be assessed a small fee by the credit card companies. Donors have the option of increasing their credit card donations to cover this fee. Wire-transferred cash will also be accepted.